- New Homes
- Whitehot Property
Buying a property whether as a home or an investment can be a very enjoyable and exciting experience. Our job at Claremont Property Group is to make sure that everything runs as smooth as possible.
10 Quick Steps
1. Decide - before you register with an estate agent make sure you are clear what type of property you are looking, what is important to you and your family in terms of amenities, ie schools etc, and locations that you will and will not consider
2. Register - The first thing to do is register with us so that we can send you property that matches you needs as soon as it becomes available.
3. Finance – It’s really important to know at an early stage how much you can borrow and how you will need to have as a deposit. The mortgage market is constantly changing so you will need to speak to an independent mortgage advisor; we have Geoff Burgerman our own advisor who will be able to help you. Once you have been given a DIP (decision in principle) you will know that you can confidently offer on property you want with the finances behind you.
4. Viewings - we will keep you informed via email and phone of all the properties that meet your requirements. It’s a good idea to list before hand exactly what you are hoping to achieve from the viewing. When you view the property take your time and with the agreement of the owner its worth taking some pictures that may help you with the decision making process.
5. Offers – when you have decided on the property you want to buy, the next stage is to make a formal offer through Claremont. We will communicate your offer verbally and also follow up the offer in writing so that we have set out clearly what your offer is and any special conditions you want to let the seller know, for example that your offer is on the basis that all the carpets are included.
6. Offer Accepted - Once your offer has been accepted by the seller the property will be advertised as either "Under Offer" or "Sold Subject to Contract".
Under Offer means that the seller is aware of your offer for the property but has not accepted your offer.
Sold Subject to Contract means that the seller has accepted your but is not legally binding until exchange of contracts take place.
7. Legal – Having the right solicitor on board to carry out the conveyance (the transfer of legal title of the property to you) is essential to the seamless purchase of the property. This stage is very important as the solicitor will make searches about the property from the local authority and land registry and advise you of any irregularities. If you do not have your own solicitor we can recommend a panel of solicitors for you to choose from.
8. Lenders Survey - its usual for the buyer to have a survey this is usually at the request of the lender who will want to know the condition and value of the property they are about to lend on.
9. Exchange of Contracts – takes place when the buyer’s solicitors are happy that a legally binding contract can be entered into for the purchase of your property by the buyer.
10. Completion – This is the final stage when your solicitor will send the monies to the sellers solicitor for the purchase of the property and you should get the keys for your new home. Congratulations.
End terrace property with no chain in a popular location. Compromises a through lounge/dining area, fitted kitchen, two double bedrooms, an upstairs bathroom and a front and rear garden. Double glazing with central heating....
A spacious 3 bed penthouse with a large south facing roof terrace. Situated in the city centre, this modern apartment compromises 3 double sized bedrooms, 2 bathrooms on of which is an en-suite and a large open plan living area. This property also come with 2 underground parking spaces....
A contemporary studio apartment in one of Birminghams most iconic building, The Cube. Located on the 18th floor, this apartment offers great city living, with restaurants, bars and shops on your doorstep. Secure fob entry, security and concierge on site. Just a few minutes walk from New Street sta...
A beautifully modernised and refurbished detached house located in an exclusive cul-de-sac. A good sized reception hall, kitchen/dinning, second kitchen/utility, four reception rooms, a study room, ground floor wet room, double conservatory and cloak room. Six bedrooms including two master bedrooms ...
One bedroom apartment located in a great City Centre Location. The well presented one bedroom apartment comprises open plan living / dining area, modern fitted kitchen, double bedroom, fitted bathroom and large balcony. Parking permit included....